The trend often seen with young people when deciding to open a restaurant, it is a small business and want to own a restaurant for yourself. You often observe what the market is favored by, then make a list, then end up with the easiest hand at your fingertips to do. I have heard of this business plan from 5.6 young people to talk to me about the dream of opening a restaurant. If you sell ground coffee, then you will sell ground coffee. The cheese is delicious, so I sell cheese. People sell lemon tea too windy words, I will sell lemon tea cut the wind.
After all, you only contribute to making that market bigger, not creating a blue ocean. And what is easy to eat and eat well, then many people will jump in. After several months, the supply will automatically cross the bridge and shops selling the same items with pioneers will gradually be disposed of due to:
– Make it worse than people: go bankruptcy is right!
– Make delicious but design bad shop: remember to be good to meet (if beautiful!)
– That time: look back to the lemon chili and wind chimes and a cheese time!
Therefore, the first thing to do is to find a product that meets one of the following criteria (or both: the better):
The real advice is that you should care about the ground to open the restaurant, we just choose a crowded place then increase the energy from that location, attract clients to your restaurant
Just make your shop clean, good ventilation, with parking place. It’s the best when locate your restaurant near a lake; then the clients can enjoy the scenery. You can serve best food, special food & drink with high quality. Use the best food, and good food preservation.
I do not encourage the criteria “Cheap”, which is more select when you open. The reason is that selling cheaply will put pressure on the shopkeeper when (1) the price of raw materials increases, affecting the cost of capital. (2) the competitor sells cheaper. I also do not include the criteria “Delicious” here, for some reasons will be explained more clearly in the Marketing. The two criteria mentioned above are two criteria I set myself since the two friends open the Pocket Neppie until now when open Gummy and Ut Lanh with his wife.
– Xieng Neppy: a combination of traditional rice and Mexican Burrito (not sold). Nepenthes of Neppy are similar to traditional rice rolls for sweet sticky rice but are set to be suitable for salty rolls by a traditional bakery in Vinh Long (difficult to imitate).
– Gummy Chicken Steak: Chicken steak inspired by Thailand (not sold yet). The skill of processing steak is quite complex and the variety of sauces my wife developed from the basic sauces (hard to imitate)
The big question that comes to mind is how to think of new, unique or just new things. With my own experience, here are some ways to create them:
– Make something Old turn to New : Find an old one of the world, or another region, or of high-end restaurants and imitate them in your area. For example, Dalat grilled rice cake sold in Saigon, or Sushi / Takoyaki Octopus sold on the sidewalk. The disadvantage of this type of product is that it is prone to imitation and price competition.
Old Thoughts: A new coat for an old dish. For example, fruit bowls, fruit buckets are new to the fork. Or, recently, ice-cream was the new ice cream. Will the imitation of this type of product depend on the secret of the owner when he puts on new clothes for the old item? As a roll of ice cream now from a novelty has become a dish to see where all you want to do is just to buy the ice cream machine is finished.
With the above methods, I hope you can use it to create new products for your small shop. But the product is like an idea, anyone can think of. The difference lies in making those ideas a reality, as it requires a lot of skill, patience, passion, sweat, tears and even blood.